Living in Australia which is mostly a warm client louvre windows are a must. Below we will cover the pros and cons of louvre windows and why louvre window are actually great for your bathroom and why you should have them in your next bathroom renovation if this one key point is what you are going for.
TO START – What is a louvre window?
Louvre windows are windows constructed with either, metal, vinyl, wood or the most common glass in the central section of the window with holes either side resembling a venetian blind. It is often operated as a crank motion or a level pull set up. Just check out the image below its always a better example then my writing.
PROS OF LOURVE WINDOWS
- Easier Cleaning especially if placed on second story rooms
- Everyone says they are energy efficient with efficient glass options help minimise heat entry during summer and prevent escape of heat in winter, reducing the need for artificial cooling and heating
- AMAZING for ventilation is the biggest pro of lourve windows
- Can be awesome for natural light with louvre windows are ideal for controlling the entry of light into a room. Conversely, there are energy efficient, frosted or coloured glass louvre windows to minimise and control the entry of light.
CONS OF LOURVE WINDOWS
- Not great in winter as they can allow cold air to travel through the room so for bathrooms not always ideal.
- KEEP IT TIGHT if you are worried about insects you want them to be tight as can be but always the risk.
- Can allow noise to come through depending on how it is manufactured
- More moving parts the more maintenance required but that is like all new items to keep in mind.
FINAL BIG TIP
If you are struggling with bathroom ventilation then lourve windows are your saviour, they take away so much steam and moisture out of your space that it something you should look into if this is a big struggle for you and if you should have lourve windows in your bathroom.
Want to know more about Plantation Shutters in bathrooms CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW
It’s important to note that all our advice is general in nature and all bathrooms are unique so always speak to your local qualified tradesman for the best advice. If you are looking for a bathroom renovation quote and live in Perth, Western Australia just email us at email@example.com
Looking for more content – Check out all our socials below and give us a follow for more awesome ideas and inspiration.
check out our Instagram page with tons of inspiration CLICK HERE
Follow Us On Facebook