With time what we have installed in our bathrooms have changed dramatically. What I used to install into a bathroom 15 years even 10 years ago makes me feel old every time I see them and at the time I thought it looked amazing. Almost all bathrooms we did 10 years ago were freestanding this was often due to availability of the vanities at the time. Those vanities were often all cupboards, limited draws. Now in the 2020’s almost all the bathroom vanities we install are wall hung vanities that are only draws.
Since floating vanities are raised from the floor, you’ll be able to see light bouncing off the bathroom floor with this option. This sense of openness and gives the illusion of more space.
Why you should have a wall hung vanity?
- With more open showers, and wet room set ups with vanities in the shower area a floating vanity works so much better with drainage and that feeling of space in small types bathrooms.
- In larger bathrooms wall hung vanities are great in not interacting with the floor tile, really showing off the expansive nature of the bathroom.
- Floating vanities are very modern. They are allow for better customisation, as they can be installed at a number of heights to accommodate the need of the bathroom’s users.
- Since wall hung vanities are elevated above your bathroom floor, you’ll have less concern about your cabinet deteriorating from water on the ground (unless your home floods and then you have different problem)
- There is just such a bigger range in floating vanities compared to the freestanding set up meaning you will save more with more options.
The downsides of floating vanities
- Wall hung units are harder to install than floor-based cabinets as you need to move the waste pipe into the wall for the traditional floating feel.
- If your bathroom has fibro walls it will take alot of extra work to install a floating vanity into the wall and you really need to have a professional guide you through this to make it list.
- Floating vanity units are often smaller in size meaning they offer less storage
- All you will do is often put scales under the wall hung vanity as limited options to install anything else (every house I go back to has scales under the vanity)
Floating or wall hung vanities are an extremely stylish and modern addition to any new bathroom. They can help save space, accentuate your bathroom features and ease in cleaning and maintenance. However, they may cause issues in terms of upfront installation and storage.
After reading this I hope your take away is wall hung vanities are here to stay. They are the most popular vanity because of there versatility, there cost and there ability to make a room feel bigger.
It’s important to note that all our advice is general in nature and all bathrooms are unique so always speak to your local qualified tradesman for the best advice. If you are looking for a bathroom renovation quote and live in Perth, Western Australia just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – Small Bathroom Renovations Perth
Looking for more content – Check out all our socials below and give us a follow for more awesome ideas and inspiration.
check out our Instagram page with tons of inspiration CLICK HERE
Follow Us On Facebook