So what is a hobless shower? Let’s start with that easy question. A hobless shower is where we take that pesky bricked surrounds of your shower base and create a shower that no longer has that bricked section.
Below are two examples of before and afters of hobless showers. One being the traditional pivot door shower set up with a hobless shower the other is what is more common the walk in hobless shower.
Below we will cover a few pros and cons of hobless showers to help best with your next renovation and give you some honest advice.
- Looks so much cleaner compared to the old fashioned brick surrounds
- Great for actually cleaning!
- Allows for wheelchair access or anyone struggling with mobility.
- Shower off floor tiling with no breaks in the set up
- Makes a room feel bigger
- If you have a frameless pivot door shower screen and a hobless shower like above it is not the greatest in retaining water if you only have a square drain
- May require a reflux valve depending on your current house drainage heights and situation
- May cost more to install depending on your bathroom set up
- Harder to tile to as falls require a higher level of knowledge and tiling expertise
Hobless showers are incredibly popular and I think will continue to be popular. They require you to be highly skilled to tile and it is also important your tiler does tell you there will most likely be some water escaping out of the space due to the nature of how these hobless shower operate. Lastly below is what I believe to a great example of how your hobless shower should be tiled and put together with a long drain towards the back and split level floor.
For more information on hobless showers check out the Pro’s and Con’s of Walk In Showers below just click the image.
It’s important to note that all our advice is general in nature and all bathrooms are unique so always speak to your local qualified tradesman for the best advice. If you are looking for a bathroom renovation quote and live in Perth, Western Australia just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for more content – Check out all our socials below and give us a follow for more awesome ideas and inspiration.
check out our Instagram page with tons of inspiration CLICK HERE
Follow Us On Facebook
Leave a comment below about your experiences with hobless showers